Tuesday, November 27, 2012

C4K Summary: November

This post was left for Genna, you can check out her blog HERE!

This is what Genna wrote in her post:
Louis XVI was sentenced to death on December 11, 1792. He was accused of bribery, lies, and many other things. Here is a list of all the crimes he was accused of. He lost his head on January 21, 1793. There was nothing he could do to get out of it, even though the accusations were sketchy and did not have much back up. His crimes were supposedly just a way to get rid of him.

Louis went up the steps to the guillotine in nervous manner. In an account from his confessor, it is said that he was very scared. However, he regained courage and remained calm, at least on the outside. He stood before the crowd and said his last words. King Louis announced, “I die innocent of all the crimes imputed to me. I pardon the authors of my death, and pray God that the blood you are about to shed will never fall upon France.” Then, he laid down on the guillotine and awaited his death.

The executioners pulled the rope and the blade struck his head. They held his head up for everyone to see. The people yelled, “Long live the Republic!” The next years to come were those full of terror. Anyone could stand the same fate as Louis XVI. He was just the start of the bloody revolution.

My Comment: Hi Genna! I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog post, very informative! I couldnt help to notice your impeccable vocabulary skills! I can tell that you are so smart and you work very hard at your school work. Also, I love the use of your ‘link’ in your second sentence. We are learning how to do that also, and I am a quite bit older than you! Keep up the hard work and embrace this site you have, you will use tools like these lots in your future classrooms!

Kayla Parazine


The next student I left a comment for was Nelson. You can check out Nelsons blog HERE!

Nelsons post this week was about a lady by the name of Ms. Dietra from the Poarch Creek Indian Reservation and spoke to his fourth grade class and he posted a picture of him.

My comment: Nelson, I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. It sounds like your class got a great presentation from Ms. Dietra from the Poarch Creek Indian Reservation! Did you enjoy it? What did she speak about?

Kayla Parazine

No comments:

Post a Comment